Saturday, February 28, 2009

What are the implications for teaching & learning?


As stated previously, I have been a bit overwhelmed by the pace of the course and the amount of information, tools and strategies introduced during the past six weeks. What I need now is time to reflect, evaluate, and synthesize all I have learned vis-a-vis my own and my students' learning experiences—our interests, readiness, learning modality preferences and needs. I would then need to apply this new understanding towards the process of integrating, creating and evaluating meaningful uses of the information, tools and strategies for me (personally and professionally) and my students.

As the class ends, what possibilities for my students excite me?
  • empowering my students (giving them a voice and sense of accomplishment and power)
  • connecting my students with fellow learners and teachers around the world
  • allowing my students to create and share their creative efforts with a wider audience
  • helping to prepare my students to be global citizens of digital society
As the class ends, what possibilities for myself professionally?
  • developing my own personal learning network
As the class ends, what possibilities for myself personally?
  • staying connected and reconnecting with family and friends at home and abroad
I hope to have the chance to make these possibilities actualities I can share and reflect upon with this cohort group as I continue through the certificate program's other courses.

Image URL.

No comments:

Post a Comment